This year’s annual May Revision to the Governor’s Budget proposals promises to be the most consequential in recent memory, fueled by a torrent of state tax revenues, spiraling inflation, and sharp differences over the state’s fiscal direction.
If you’re trying to keep up with the state budget process, you might first take a glance at our January 18 webinar on the governor’s proposed 2022-23 budget.
Then consider registering for our upcoming webinar on the Governor’s “May Revise” proposal.
On May 19 at 1:00PM PDT, we will discuss numerous aspects of the Governor’s “May Revise” proposal, including:
- The Governor’s May Revision of the state budget, including new budget proposals,
- Legislators' education funding proposals including their proposals for a huge base funding boost and other fundamental changes for the Local Control Funding Formula,
- The latest charter-specific updates on “hold harmless” funding protection against declining enrollment and attendance,
- Updates on major program expansions including universal transitional kindergarten/preschool, expanded learning opportunities, universal free meals, and career-technical education,
- The latest on all major education policy bills, their potential practical impact on charter schools, and related advocacy points,
- Pandemic updates, including the latest on immunizations, vaccines, and COVID-19 variants,
- Independent study, distance learning, and nonclassroom-based compliance,
- Updated guidance on compliance auditing, and
- Local control accountability and other planning mandates, and other key topics.
This live webinar is available free of charge to CSDC Member Schools and Authorizers. Registration is required to join the live webinar.
We hope you will join us!