The 2023 CSDC Conference − taking place on November 8-10 at the Anaheim Convention Center − offers an in-depth program that provides the critical content, resources and technical assistance that charter leaders are seeking. Share your expertise and best practices by submitting a proposal to present at the event.
The conference is an opportunity to celebrate success and we hope you’ll nominate an incredible leader for consideration of a Green Apple Award.
Present at the Conference
Call for Proposals is Open. Submissions Due by July 7!
97% of 2022 CSDC attendees reported that the CSDC conference provided timely, accurate and actionable information from sector experts.
Be a part of this incredibly successful annual event and submit a proposal to present.
CSDC is seeking proposals for the following programming strands:
- Accountability and renewal
- Education approaches: teaching and learning
- Human resources
- Leadership and equity
- Policy and advocacy
- School operations
- Strategic fiscal management
- Student success
Additional information including strand topics and the proposal submission process can be found on our call for proposals page. Please also review the conference schedule and presenter FAQ as you consider submitting a proposal.
Click the button below to learn more and submit.
The deadline for proposals is July 7, 2023.
Honor Deserving Charter Leaders
Green Apple Awards are Open – Nominations Due by June 30!
CSDC established the Green Apple Awards in 2018 to recognize individual contributions and achievements of retiring charter leaders and to encourage those who follow in their footsteps to continue the tradition.
CSDC has reimagined the awards in 2023 to provide recognition to our legacy leaders and to spotlight a new generation of visionaries who are proving what is possible in public education. We are accepting award nominations in three categories:
- Emerging Leader (1 award): The CSDC Emerging Leader Award recognizes a leader who has made significant contributions in their role to a CSDC member school and has demonstrated potential for significant leadership within our sector.
- Foundational Leader (1 award): The CSDC Foundational Leader Award recognizes a leader whose steadfast commitment to excellence, to their community, and to leading with vision has built a CSDC member school’s promise and sustainability. Foundational leaders have demonstrated significant leadership within the charter sector.
- Legacy Leader Recognition Program (no limit)*: The CSDC Legacy Leader recognizes leaders whose lasting contributions and achievements have built sustaining organizations within the charter sector and have inspired others to lead.
Awards will be presented during the morning plenary session at the 2023 CSDC Conference at the Anaheim Convention Center on Thursday, November 9. The acceptance speech will be presented via a pre-recorded video produced by CSDC prior to the event. The Emerging and Foundational leaders must be present to accept their awards.
Please review the complete awards criteria and links to nomination forms and nominate your outstanding leaders today!
The deadline for nominations is June 30, 2023.
Note: *All Legacy Leaders who have submitted the required information by the deadline will be recognized during the morning plenary session in a slide show that includes their photo, name, charter organization, title, and years in the sector. Legacy award winners do not need to be present to receive their recognition